Depending on your preferences, the style and design of your sunroom can vary. Some homeowners choose to remodel an existing screen porch, while others opt to build sunroom additions from the ground up. When you decide to construct a sunroom addition instead of remodeling an existing structure, you’ll experience a variety of benefits, including:
- Better energy efficiency: A sunroom will let more sunshine and warmth into your home, which in turn could lower your energy costs during the colder months. With a sunroom, you don’t have to worry about installing sophisticated heating systems.
- Extended space: By adding a sunroom, you’re increasing the square footage of your home, which means more space for entertaining with family and friends, relaxing, storing your belongings or whatever your family wants. Constructing a sunroom can expand your living space and bring natural light into your home.
- Increased home value: By adding on a new custom sunroom or patio enclosure, you can increase the resale value of your home significantly should you decide to sell it.
- Enhanced comfort level:Every homeowner wants to live a life full of comfort and luxury. Building a custom sunroom or patio enclosure can help you achieve this goal. From beautiful views to the up-close connection with nature, sunrooms are the perfect home additions for you to enjoy the outdoors without having to experience the harsh elements.
- Improved health:A sunroom in your home can offer you and your family many health benefits. Sunlight can help lower cholesterol, reduce blood pressure, increase your vitamin D levels and boost your immune system.
- Opportunities for upgrades:Building a sunroom gives you the opportunity to upgrade other aspects of your home. You can include upgrades such as air conditioners, floor heating and electrical installations to increase the functionality and comfort of your indoor and outdoor spaces.
- Additional versatility: A sunroom creates extra space that serve a variety of purposes. You may use the sunroom as your workout area, your indoor garden or even for storage. You can also convert the space into a playroom for the kids or use the additional room as your sunny office space.
- Easier to maintain:Sunrooms do not require any unique maintenance routines. Most sunrooms feature thermally broken walls and double-paned insulated glass for enhanced insulation and durability. The key to maintaining this space is to hire professional sunroom contractors to help with the construction.
- Easy conversion: Most modern homes already have an attached porch. This makes it very easy for experienced contractors to convert a porch into a sunroom. Having a sunroom in your home can go a long way toward increasing the value of your property and allow you to enjoy the benefits of the outdoors within an enclosed area.